All the news and happenings from around Major League Soccer in the last week
Our newest writer debuts her new column Non-Orange Things, covering the non-Dynamo news from the past week around MLS...with some opinion mixed in.
- In case you have been living under a rock Head Coach Hans Backe will not be back to coach the Red Bulls next season.
- Andy Roxburgh has been hired as Sporting Director and will be in charge of finding a new coach as well as deciding the future of current players and any new players.
- Cleaned house as soon as the off season hit 86-ing Head Coach Robin Fraser and Assistant Coach Greg Vanney. Also bounced was the Technical Director, the Head of Scouting and the Head Athletic Trainer.
- No word yet on who is left to feed the Goat.
- Blas Perez s' 2-match suspension and fine for violent conduct during the October 28 game versus Chivas has been upheld. The suspension will start in the 2013 season.
- I get that they are in French Canada but does the website really need be in French? Three years of high school French did not prepare me for soccer news nor does Google Translator approve.
- Jesse Marche got his marching orders and will not be returning as head coach.
- The team is in Italy during the off season playing games under interim coach Mauro Biello.
- Again if you have been living under a rock Caleb Porter has been hired as the new Head Coach and will be starting once the season ends at Akron.
- P.S. Does anyone know where Spencer went after he got fired in the middle of the season?
- There continue to be rumblings that not all of the players will be returning next year after crashing out of the playoffs this year but no word on who only that they are old and assessing things.
- In an attempt to get butts back in the seats at BMO Field ticket prices will be dropping for the 2013 season.