During this time of reflection and over-eating, I began pondering what I was thankful Dynamo-wise.
1. Brian Ching returned to the fans that adore him and he even took a paycut to come back.
2. Boyd decided he was afraid of the Houston heat and ran away to Portland.
3. Garcia likes the Houston weather and fit in with the team like he had been playing here for years.
4. Garcia's smile and work ethic. If anyone can watch him play and see that smile without smiling in return, they have no soul.
5. The return of Rico.
6. BBVA stadium - Red Bull might be fancier, Livestrong might have more bells and whistles, but BBVA is ours, orange, and just right.
7. No one on the team getting seriously hurt this season.
8. The coaching staff and front office. They work together with none of the soap opera seen in other teams.
9. The reserve team. Most of those guys would be starters on any other team.
10. The Dynamo Girls. Not a fan of cheerleaders myself but those ladies work hard on their halftime routines and will always pose for pictures.
11. Making the MLS finals 4 out of 7 years.
A very happy Thanksgiving to all.