Fox Sports Houston - 7:30 p.m.
MultiMedios Houston - 7 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 (SPN Radio)
SportsTalk 790 (ENG Radio)
Mark Kadlecik. MLS Career: 21 games; FC/gm: 24.7; Y/gm: 3.5; R: 6; pens: 7
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- QUESTIONABLE: MF Adam Moffat
(R adductor strain)
- ALL-TIME (13 meetings): Dynamo 5 wins, 18 goals ... Sporting 3 wins, 15 goals ... Ties 5
- AT HOUSTON (6 meetings): Dynamo 2 wins, 10 goals ... Sporting 1 win, 6 goals ... Ties 3
- FUTURE MATCH: 9/14: Sporting Kansas City vs. Houston Dynamo, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC SN)
- The teams are meeting for the second time this season, after playing to a scoreless draw on July 7 at Livestrong Sporting Park. The teams met in last year's Eastern Conference Championship, won 2-0 by the Dynamo at Livestrong Sporting Park. It was the second time the teams had met with a trip to the MLS Cup Final on the line (also 2007, also won 2-0 by Houston).
- After winning the first meeting ever between the clubs, April 8, 2006 at Robertson Stadium, Kansas City has not won in Houston. The Dynamo have won three of the six MLS league and cup meetings since at home (with three draws).
- In league play, Sporting have a four-game unbeaten streak alive vs. Houston, winning the two meetings in Kansas City before the first match draw this year.
- Coaches record: Dominic Kinnear vs. KC: P19 W7 L5 D7 ... Peter Vermes vs. HOU: P6 W2 L1 D3
- LAST MEETING (MLS) 7/7: KC 0, HOU 0
Dynamo Starting XI & Bench:
Sporting KC Starting XI:
Nielsen; Harrington, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; M Thomas, Nagamura, P Joseph; Kamara, Bunbury, J Peterson.