Who is that handsome devil in front with the Houston Dynamo scarf? Rawr. - Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Today is the day, and the Houston Dynamo look to bolster their depth. Picks #13 and #37 are theirs. We'll keep you updated throughout the day as things happen.
There have already been a few trades so far in MLS SuperDraft 2013, and there is still a bit of time to go before the draft is underway. With that in mind, Dynamo Theory has you covered from start to finish with all of your Houston Dynamo news and tidbits, and of course with their draft picks.
One thing you will want to keep an eye on is SBNation running the MLSSoccer.com live feed along with a live chat with draft experts, other blog managers, and some other key personnel. It should be a pretty fun shindig, so if you are available when it goes live I definitely recommend you give it a visit. A link will be posted when it goes up on the .com side.
The few things we know about this draft so far?
- The Dynamo currently hold the number 13 and number 37 picks
- Anything can happen: New England Revolution traded with Toronto FC for the 1st overall pick, with Toronto FC now holding picks 3 and 4.
- Jeff Larentowicz is now a Chicago Fire player. Chicago traded with Colorado on Wednesday sending a draft pick and allocation money in exchange for Larentowicz and a later pick in the draft.
- FC Dallas like their young Mexicans. They signed an 18 year old Forward out of the Mexican Second Division.
- Both Darrell Rovell and I like Emery Welshman, a lot. I took him in the SBNation Mock Draft 2013 at pick number 37 for the Dynamo, and Darrell had some positives to say about him via Twitter.
- The Draft officially kicks off at 11AM Central Time/12PM Eastern Time, and will be carried live on SBNation.com, MLSSoccer.com, and Youtube.
- Chivas USA really likes one particular player, and even though they could probably nab him later on in the first round they aren't taking any chances.
Update: The SBNation.com Live Feed and Chat have gone up. Click here.
4picks left in front of us. We've got a chance to get a player high on our board. See what happens...— Chris Canetti (@ChrisCanetti) January 17, 2013