How many different ways can Dynamo fans have their hearts ripped out this season? With 5 matches left, we still have time to find out if there are any more rough endings in store for us.
Houston heads to Washington DC to face the only team in MLS with a worst record than themselves, DC United. For two proud franchises, this has been a season of horrors, and the teams and fans alike will probably be glad to forget 2010 as soon as possible. While neither team is in danger of relegation, the 3rd pick in the 2012 SuperDraft is at stake for the team that finishes last. Houston is currently five points ahead of DC for the right of sitting in the league cellar.
So let's forget about that nonsense in Kansas City midweek and find out what you need to know about tomorrow's match.
1. The Dynamo have surrendered 40 goals this season, second-most in MLS. Nearly 25% of those have been allowed in the final 15 minutes of the match.
2. Both teams are coming off last-minute defeats with DC having given up two goals to LA in the final ten minutes last weekend and the Dynamo only two days removed from that game in the heartland. Despite the potential draft pick position, neither team wants to be the team that finish last in the league, so expect a battle at RFK.
3. The Dynamo will be without Anthony Obodai and Colin Clark. Brian Ching and Tally Hall are likely to be unavailable as well.
4. Bobby Boswell is suspended for yellow card accumulation and will not be able to play back in RFK against his former club. Boswell was traded to Houston in 2007 for goalkeeper Zach Wells.
5. Houston leads the all-time series with DC United 5-3-1.