Despite being eliminated from the playoffs, it still feels good to be coming off a victory. The Dynamo visit the Philadelphia Union for the first time, looking to revenge their 3-2 loss at Robertson Stadium in the only other meeting between the two clubs.
The goalkeeper position will be the big story for Houston, with both Pat Onstad and Tally Hall poised to miss the match with injuries. Without the top two keepers on the roster available, Dominic Kinnear would have to turn to a home grown option in goal.
To find out who that option is and other exciting bits of information about Saturday's match, let's find out five things you should know as the Dynamo prepare to face the Union.
1. The Dynamo could be without Pat Onstad and Tally Hall, leaving 22-year old Tyler Deric on the verge of his professional debut. Deric was the team's first home grown signing back in March 2009 and while he's been on the bench as a backup, he's yet to see action in an official match. If Deric's starts, he would become the first Dynamo Academy product to start an MLS match.
2. This is the Dynamo's first match at PPL Park in Chester, PA. The new home of the Union is already becoming a difficult place to play thanks to the continued improvement of the team and their intimidating supporter's group, the Sons of Ben, who occupy the entire River End of the stadium. The SOBs (clever) have already managed to unleash one of the great heckling moments in the history of MLS, so they will no doubt have an effect on the match this weekend.
3. Colin Clark (ACL) and Anthony Obodai (Meniscus) are the only two players out for Saturday's match. Pat Onstad is listed as doubtful (concussion) and Tally Hall is questionable (ankle).
4. Dominic Oduro will look to score a goal in his third straight MLS match. With goals against the Kansas City Wizards and DC United, Oduro scored in back-to-back games for only the second time in his career. His only other back-to-back goal games came back in May 2008.
5. The match will kick-off at 3pm on Saturday and will be televised nationally on TeleFutura.