Fresh off approval from the Houston City Council, the policies and procedures for tailing at the new BBVA Compass Stadium have been released. It appears you'll need to purchase parking passes ahead of time (no cash spots) and there will be limited space. Here are the highlights:
- All parking passes will be pre-sold. No cash spots will be sold on event days.
- One 8' x 18' spot per pre-purchased parking hang tag; hang tag must be visible on vehicle rearview mirror at all times. One hang tag = one parking spot. BBVA Compass Stadium will strictly monitor and enforce this policy;
- A ticket holder in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating per space regulations. Hang tags must be clearly displayed at each space (i.e. attached and visible on tent, cooler, etc.);
- Tailgating is permitted on the medians separating Lots B & C from the roadways; however, the tailgating set up cannot impede or infringe upon the pedestrian sidewalks;
- Tailgating will be allowed on a first come, first served basis; saving spots is not allowed. Patrons are encouraged to arrive in conjunction with other fans in order to set up adjacent tailgating events;
You can find all the wonderful exciting policies on the stadium's website. Buried in the procedures is the fact that glass containers will not be allowed, so that will limit your beer selection.
There's also a diagram of how this is supposed to work on the website.
Basically it looks like anyone wanting to tailgate at Dynamo games will have to plan ahead both tactically and financially. Good thing I don't care about tailgating.