Fox Sports Houston - 7 p.m.
MultiMedios Houston - 6:30 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 (SPN Radio)
SportsTalk 790 (ENG Radio)
Chris Penso. MLS Career: 22 games; FC/gm: 21.9; Y/gm: 3.0; R: 5; pens: 10
SPORTING KANSAS CITY - OUT: DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture); DF Lawrence Olum (L groin strain); DOUBTFUL: MF Michael Thomas (R ankle sprain); PROBABLE: FW Bobby Convey (L calf strain)
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- DOUBTFUL: DF Alex Dixon (concussion); MF Calen Carr (L hamstring strain); MF Je-Vaughn Watson (L adductor strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Geoff Cameron (L hamstring strain)
- ALL-TIME (12 meetings): Sporting 3 wins, 15 goals ... Dynamo 5 wins, 18 goals ... Ties 4
- AT KANSAS CITY (6 meetings): Sporting 2 wins, 9 goals ... Dynamo 3 wins, 8 goals ... Ties 1
- RETURN MATCHES: 7/18: Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City, 7:30 p.m. CT; 9/14: Sporting Kansas City vs. Houston Dynamo, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC SN)
- The game is a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Championship, won 2-0 by the Dynamo at Livestrong Sporting Park. It was the second time the teams had met with a trip to the MLS Cup Final on the line (also 2007, also won 2-0 by Houston).
- After winning the first meeting ever between the clubs, April 8, 2006 at Robertson Stadium, Kansas City has not won in Houston. The Dynamo have won three of the six MLS league and cup meetings since at home (with three draws).
- In league play, Sporting have a three-game unbeaten streak alive vs. Houston, winning their last two meetings in Kansas City.
- Coaches record: Peter Vermes vs. HOU: P5 W2 L1 D2 ... Dominic Kinnear vs. KC: P18 W7 L5 D6
- LAST YEAR (MLS) 7/16: HOU 1, KC 1 (Collin 90 - Davis 8) 9/10: KC 3, HOU 0 (Bunbury 9, 73; Sapong 79)
Dynamo Starting XI & Bench:
Sporting KC Starting XI:
Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Zusi, Nagamura, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, J Peterson