Houston Dynamo vs. New York Red Bulls (DT preview)
Sunday, September 4, 4:00 p.m. CT
BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas
CSN Houston Plus - 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. pregame) CHANNEL LISTINGS
Unímas - 4:00 p.m. CHANNEL LISTINGS
Yahoo! Sports Radio 1560 AM - 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. pregame)
La Ranchera 850 AM - 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. pregame)
Chris Penso. AR1 (bench): Jeff Muschik; AR2 (opposite): Jonathan Johnson; 4th: Daniel Fitzgerald MLS Career: 45 games; FC/gm: 22.7; Y/gm: 2.8; R: 13; pens: 15
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: Corey Ashe – Left hamstring strain; Eric Brunner – Right ankle sprain; Andrew Driver – Right calf strain; QUESTIONABLE: Omar Cummings – Left knee sprain; Ricardo Clark – Illness; Tyler Deric – Right thumb fracture; INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: Boniek García (Honduras); Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica); Brad Davis (USA)
NEW YORK RED BULLS -- OUT: Tim Cahill – Right ankle ligament tear; Ian Christianson – Right fifth metatarsal surgery; Connor Lade – Right knee injury; Roy Miller – Left Achilles injury; Heath Pearce – Hip surgery; QUESTIONABLE: Brandon Barklage – Left glute strain; INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: Tim Cahill (Australia); SUSPENDED: Ibrahim Sekagya
- ALL-TIME (16 meetings): Dynamo 3 wins, 16 goals ... Red Bulls 6 wins, 19 goals ... Ties 7
- AT HOUSTON (7 meetings): Dynamo 3 wins, 12 goals ... Red Bulls 0 wins, 5 goals ... Ties 4
- FUTURE MATCH: 10/20: Houston Dynamo vs. New York Red Bulls, 4 p.m. CT (UniMas)
- The teams are meeting for the second time this season. Fabian Espíndola and Jonny Steele scored second- half goals to lead the Red Bulls to a 2-0 win June 30 in Harrison.
- The visiting team has never won in league play in the all-time series between the teams. The Red Bulls are 6- 0-3 all-time at home vs. Houston; the Dynamo are 4-0-3 all-time at home vs. New York.
- The Red Bulls did win the second leg of a conference semifinal series in Houston in the 2008 MLS Cup Playoffs, advancing 4-1 on aggregate after a 3-0 win at Robertson Stadium, following a 1-1 draw in the first leg.
- Coaches record: Mike Petke vs. HOU: P1 W1 L0 D0 ... Dominic Kinnear v NY: P21 W6 L7 D8