Collen Warner was taken by Minnesota United FC in the MLS Expansion Draft which was held on Tuesday. Warner was selected in the second round of the draft.
The midfielder’s contract with the Dynamo had expired at the end of the 2016 season but the team had stated they were trying to work out a new contract with him. This selection mean that MUFC now has the rights to negotiate with him.
His selection meant that no other Dynamo players would be up for selection in later rounds as teams could lose no more than one player in the draft. Atlanta United and Minnesota United each selected five players in the Expansion Draft from a list of players left after teams protected 11 players each.
Full Draft Results
1) Atlanta United FC - Donny Toia, D, Montreal Impact
2) Minnesota United FC - Chris Duvall, D, New York Red Bulls
3) Atlanta - Zach Lloyd, D, FC Dallas
4) Minnesota - Collen Warner, MF, Houston
5) Atlanta - Clint Irwin, GK, Toronto FC
6) Minnesota - Mohammed Saeid, MF, Columbus Crew SC
7) Atlanta - Mikey Ambrose, D, Orlando City SC
8) Minnesota - Jeff Attinella, GK, Real Salt Lake
9) Atlanta - Alec Kann, GK, Sporting Kansas City
10) Minnesota - Femi Hollinger-Janzen, F, New England Revolution