As you may have read, Alicia is stepping down from running Dynamo Theory. We’re thrilled she’s sticking around to keep contributing, but we’ve got big shoes to fill at the top.
Dynamo Theory is looking for its next site manager. If you’re reading this, we assume you’re passionate about the Dynamo and the community we’ve built here at Dynamo Theory. Keep reading to find out if this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a remote, part-time contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The site manager is responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the Dynamo and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Dynamo and news and is already familiar with Dynamo Theory.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, and a soccer-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered.
If you have questions about this role, Dynamo Theory, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and Dynamo Theory are committed to bringing you coverage of the Dynamo from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not precisely align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.